Sunday, October 18, 2009

Nancy...


So, I have to share this with you Phillies fans:

My cousin, Caitlin, my dad and his girlfriend, Nancy, and I are watching the Phillies game. Right as Victorino was coming to bat, Caitlin said she had to go to the bathroom. I said, "It's 8-0, just go." She went into the bathroom, which is about 20 feet from the livingroom, so I told Nancy that in 3-2-1 we should start cheering that he did something awesome. We did, and it was funny, but then right after we stopped and Caitlin started walking out, Victorino hit a homerun, making the score 11-0!!

Amazing.

Charlie exchanged Lee for Durbin, and I'm hoping for a shut out. One more out!!
...

2 outs,
3 balls, 2 strikes, aaaaaaaaaaaaand Belisario hits and Ruiz catches it over the dug out!

11-0!
Shut out!!

Now I'm listening to Harry singing HIGH HOPES over the loud speakers with the whole of Citizens Bank Park singing along with him. Brings a tear to my eye. I miss Harry. He'd be so proud of this club, and he's watching over the Phillies, announcing the game in heaven!

2 more games, guys!

What I love even more than going to the World Series is reading about how mad the Mets are that their two biggest rivals, the Phillies and Yankees are going to the World Series: Read more here to read about why the Mets are mad. The end gives them a bit of a reprieve though, talking about how there is a buzz around the league that the team will sign new players during the off season to make them a force to be reckoned with in 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment