Monday, October 12, 2009

Game 3: The Nail Biter

Game three, even series at 1, in Colorado, 10 PM in 20 degree weather.

The Rockies pitcher, Hammel, was striking guys out left and right until Chase "the man" Utley came up in the first and hit an over 400-foot homerun to gain the early lead. After that, the Phillies had a hard time getting something going while the Rockies scored 3 in quick succession. It wasn't until the 4th that the Phillies offence came alive. Victorino was walked, and later scored off Howard. Bases loaded with Jayson Werth, Ryan Howard, and Chase Utley. Ibanez was then walked to send Chase home to tie the score at 3. Then, Pedro Feliz came up and hit a slow roller up the middle for a double play at home and first. Ruiz was up next to hit an RBI to make the score 4-3 with Werth running in to put the Phills on top.

Hammel was then pulled out of the game; when he loses it, he really loses it. Amazing in the first few innings and then let the Phillies come back. Belisle came in, and ended the Phillies hitting streak. At the bottom of the 4th, Blanton came in, and Gonzalez hit a solo shot to tie the score up again, but other than that there was no more damage done.

At the top of the 5th, Belisle walks two and then Ruiz was up to hit RBI number 2 with Ibanez running in to make the score 5-4. After this, neither team can come up with a run.

It was about this time that I fell asleep sitting up in my bed, with a bowl of pretzels next to me. I woke up this morning with nothing but my notes and a foggy memory to help me remember that the game was so close! I didn't know how I wanted to find out the score. Should I just turn on SportsCenter and wait? Should I look it up online?
I finally decided to just suck it up, and check here. The direct link sends you to the schedule, but it's part of the larger Phillies website where you can get information, purchase merchandise, buy tickets, and watch videos.

ONE MORE GAME! Tonight the Phillies WILL win the series and rub it in the faces of those freezing cold Rockies fans. I felt bad for them last night. All bundled up through 9 innings of 20 degree weather, just to watch their team lose.
Yeah. I don't feel that bad.
Let's do it again Phills!!

No comments:

Post a Comment